Machines and Components
Safe machines in Europe are the target of the Machinery Directive 2006/42 / EC (Machinery Directive). This Directive establishes the basic safety and health requirements are defined and requirements for documentation and identification. A manufacturer or distributor of a machine promises to the EC declaration of conformity that his machine meets the requirements and marks them with the familiar CE mark. Only such a declared machine or machine component may be placed on the European Union market.
In order to submit an EC declaration of conformity, the knowledge of numerous standards and guidelines as well as their correct application are required. So trust in the search for solutions to the extensive expertise of the machine experts of TÜV Thüringen.
Our Service at a Glance
Development accombanying services
- consulting and training
- conduct of standard searches
- participate on safety concepts
- assistance in preparation of technical documentation as well as of risk assessments
Assistance in placing on the market
- conformity assessments and machine evaluations of machines not listed in Annex IV
- type approval
- acceptance test and test before commissioning
Implementation of conformity assessment procedure of an EC type-examination
- of lifting platforms for vehicles (Annex IV, No. 16);
- of machines for lifting of persons (Annex IV, No. 17);
- Logic units for safety functions (Annex IV, No. 21);
- damage assessment
- defects inspection
What applies to the Machinery Directive?
The machine concept is very broad in the Directive. It designates the assembly of linked parts or components with drive and at least one moving part and actuators, control and power circuits, joined together for a specific application. Several machines in a linked system, interchangeable equipment and safety components covered by the scope of the Machinery Directive.
The Machinery Directive applies to:
- Replaceable equipment such as tools;
- Safety components;
- Load handling attachments;
- Chains, ropes, and belts;
- Removable cardan shafts, e.g. agricultural machine;
- Partly complete machines.